Energy Efficient Laboratory involves in research on building thermal comfort and energy efficiency. The lab develops retrofit studies and researches for the application of energy efficient technologies. The lab is equipped with measurement facilities such as energy meter, heat stress tracker and indoor environmental measuring devices.
An assembly exercise piston compressor to enable students to learn:
– functional testing of a piston compressor
– pressure rise in tank over time
– current consumption of drive motor as function of pressure
– familiarisation with a compressed air generator and its components
– function and mode of operation of safety elements: safety valve, pressure switch, non-return valve
– professional installation of the compressor in the test device, including setting and alignment
GUNT Germany Model ET 512
The ‘Energy Auditing’ Technology Training Panel to assist lecturers in teaching students important lessons in energy management.
Instrumented air conditioning laboratory unit to demonstrate of the processes and components used in heating, cooling, humidification, de-humidification of an airstream.
P.A Hilton A660
Gunt Germany ET 412 C
A data logger multifunction instrument to measure the microclimate in moderate, hot, severe hot, cold environments and the measure of physical quantities. It is provided with 8 inputs for probes equipped with SICRAM module and a back-lighted graphic display. It has been designed for microclimate analysis in the workplace; the instrument is used to detect the necessary parameters to establish if a certain workspace is suitable to perform certain activities.
A miniature of a cooling tower designed to allow students to learn about the processes related to industrial force draught cooling tower.
To know more about this lab, or if you require a specific service to serve your needs.